Manufacturing companies whether medium or large in size requires a systematic system to be implemented so as to manage their operations and productivity level effectively and efficiently.
Manufacturing companies having vast resources to be managed including CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Inventory check up, Purchase Management, Accounting, Human resources etc. Odoo(open source ERP) integrates all this function under one complete application in a streamlined process and provide information accordingly.
Odoo open source ERP software consists of different modules such as Sales, Purchase, Manufacturing, Inventory, Accounting and reporting, Payroll and many more modules are available in Odoo application.
Why manufacturers need the manufacturing application?
– to schedule the production
– to manage the production
– to assign a responsible task for production
– to easily see what to produce according to sale
– manage sales
– manage customer and communication
– make to order manufacturing.
Manufacturing module in Odoo manage all manufacturing related activities. For any product to get manufactured we can attach bills of material which consists of complete details of the required to manufacture the product.
Features of Odoo OpenERP Manufacturing management:
– Gives a real time view that helps manufacturers to make correct decisions by using the data and capitalize on opportunities.
– It helps in categorized the data which enable effective management of the product.
– It enables to set product variants and By-products in the bills of material.
– Manage production by work order or either by manufacturing order.
– Master Production Schedule(MPS) is available which enables to schedule the production of stock.
– Production Planning based on MPS throughout the flow which will cut down the decision making on the floor.
– Preventive and Corrective maintenance management.
– Manage quality control points, checks, measures.
– Provide improve and standardize reporting.